Thursday, February 3, 2011

S.N.O.W!!!!!!!!!!

When we moved to Vermont I kept telling the native Vermonters how much I loved it here. They always said, "Just keep thinking that during the winter!" Now I know why! We have gotten SO much snow this winter and the temperatures have dropped to below 20 degrees most of the time. But it is BEAUTIFUL! We don't see the sun very often and it is almost always very lightly snowing. It's like living in a snow globe! There are snowplows out all day. I've never seen roads be cleared so fast - it's amazing! There are even little snowplows for the sidewalks that are so cute. Yesterday, most of the country got hit with severe weather and Vermont was no exception. We got dumped on! When the sun came out today, Tan and I braved the massive amounts of snow and had so much fun playing in the snow! I must have looked so funny out there being 8 months pregnant and throwing a 2 year old into the big piles of snow and falling into them myself. It felt good to focus on something fun instead of how uncomfortable my body is starting to feel. Here are some pictures from the day:

Our apartment! SO much snow!
He's attempting to climb the mountain of snow in front of our house!! Good luck Tan!

Tan couldn't walk in the snow because it was so deep so he liked walking on the sidewalks where the plowed snow was taller than him.

Our street - it looks so Vermonty and happy in the sun!

My cute little snow boy!
I love how small Tan looks amongst the massive amounts of snow.

Near our house, the snow has built up from it being plowed into these piles and then freezing. I like to call it the Himalayas!


What a fun day! Now I have to go apologize again to Eli for letting Tanner's face get sunburned. Ooops!

0 comments: