Friday, February 25, 2011

Future Doc

This past Friday was Eli's white coat ceremony. What is that, you ask? Click here if you want some background! It is basically a rite of passage for a future doctor as he/she starts practicing and interacting with real patients. My good friend, Nicole, watched Tanner and Erin's kids so that we could go kidless. And it was SO nice to sit and listen and ENJOY! I felt like such a proud wife watching Eli get his white coat and hearing the amazing speech about what he would go through in the next few years as he works with patients. It was really inspiring! And I wasn't the only family member in attendance - almost ALL of my fam and Eli's fam watched via live video stream. They probably had a better view than I did since I was on the balcony and they saw the video of the students up close. Eli and I are so grateful for the support and encouragement he received from the family through texts, phone calls, and emails after the event. We didn't expect everyone to watch it! THANKS FAM - you're the best!!!

Here's his class thanking all their friends and family members. It made me think back to all the times Eli and I brainstormed essays for applications and practiced for interviews together. He's doing all the work and I'm along for the journey! Eli is on the far right edge in a white shirt.

The "cloaking!"

My brother, Doug, caught this awesome screenshot of Eli popping his collar - I love it!!



There he is in all his white coat splendor
Eli's med school class - UVM 2014
What a good looking future MD!
Eli and me in all my pregnant glory! I was wearing tall heels - I'm not normally that tall. And I'm not sure why I wore those heels when I am that pregnant because it was painful walking back to the car.
With his friend, Dave

The wifeys! I'm so grateful for my good friend and neighbor, Erin! There are a few other married couples in Eli's class, and I think there might be 2 other kids of students besides the 3 (soon to be 4) between Eli and Dave.
This picture cracks me up because the man taking it apparently really wanted the full tower in the photo!

Not sure why I'm including this, but we both look so random and funny!

Way to go Eli!! I'm so proud of you!

OH and you can see Erin and I on the news! Click here to see us at about 38 seconds in. We are on the left side of the balcony. I wish that our husbands, the actual med students, were on the news. Sorry guys!

5 comments:

Ariana said...

such great picts!!! Love you guys!

Celeste said...

Very cool! How great that your families were able to watch it too.

Katie May said...

Wow, such a nice venue. Congrats, Eli!

I'm glad you have other friends to be your family through this medical school journey. I know it's made all the difference for us!

Bryan and Christy Clark said...

how fun! i wish i would have done that without ethan last year, but bryan did love giving him a hug after!

Erin L said...

I thought I already said this: I love the pics of us!