Wow so I'm going to do a blogging dump! I have had BLOG on my to-do list everyday but I never seem to get to it. Today is the day! I have SO many pictures to post (which is mostly what I use my blog for) so I made a slideshow of them instead. Much easier than posting them on the blog! And since I can't post videos, I have a few videos I'll post here. I apologize in advance for the bad quality as we haven't uploaded the videos from our video camera yet and I had to use cell phone videos.
With no further ado, here are the links to the pictures: (click on "Slideshow" at the top of the screen to see a large version of the pictures. There are also captions at the bottom of each picture.)
First two weeks in Maryland
Tanner eating REAL food! (This needed its own album)
Some of the highlights of the last two weeks:
- Driving around our city, Lutherville-Timonium. There are beautiful forests with big trees all over and a large lake called Loch Raven nearby. This area is gorgeous and SO green! I'm not used to this much green in cities since I've only lived in dry areas.
- Spending the day after we got here with Eli. He took the day off work and we drove around the area and into downtown Baltimore. He showed me Johns Hopkins hospital and the area where he works. He works right on the bay in a quaint area of town called Fells Point! We ate at an amazing restaurant called Uno Chicago Grill which is now one of my favorite restaurants.
- Visiting the Washington D.C. temple for a concert at the Visitor's Center. Tanner lasted for about 15 minutes and then we walked around. He loves looking at pictures of Jesus and always starts talking to him. Cutest!
- Spending a day in Washington D.C. It only takes an hour to get there from our house. I have been wanting to see the Holocaust museum for years. We spent a few hours there and in the American History museum. I'm already planning more trips down there to see everything else! I also had an eggroll from a street vendor. Oh memories! Next time I go I need to find somewhere cheaper to park - $20 for parking is definitely not in my budget!
- Shopping at the mall and Walmart. It may sound funny but Tanner LOVES people so shopping is fun for him and I'm able to get stuff done! And it's a novelty to have a baby out here unlike in Utah. Everybody just adores him and gives him so much attention.
- Walking around the Inner Harbor area with Tanner. This is the touristy area of Baltimore with a promenade and museums right next to the bay. We walked around, I ate some custard mixed with Italian ice, and we went to Federal Hill which is a big hill overlooking the harbor with a large America flag on it. It also has a cute little park so I put Tan in the swing for the first time. He looked funny in there but he had a ball!
- Introducing solids to Tanner. That's an adventure in and of itself and something I need to keep learning about!
- Watching Tanner continue to grow. He turned 6 months old this week!!!! WOW! He talks and babbles A LOT and many different things including "dada," is starting to scoot around, gives us hugs and kisses, smiles and giggles all the time, blows raspberries when he is bored (he'll even have raspberry blowing contests with me), refuses to eat his food when he sees what mommy and daddy are eating, devours his food when he wants it (and squishes and smears it everywhere!), jumps high in his doorway jumper. And so much more! He is such a delight! I love this stage he's in! He has quite the intense personality!
- Watching "Pushing Daisies" with Eli. It was cancelled after two seasons but we love it. It's wholesome and cute!
- Gathering furniture. We bought everything on Craigslist and are going to sell everything at the end of the summer. Hopefully.
- Making homemade Hawaiian BBQ Chicken pizza. Oh my HEAVEN! It is DEEEEE-LISH! (The recipe on this link is what I mostly followed. When I say mostly, I mean that I added fresh pineapple and changed the amounts of the ingredients a little because my pizza was smaller than 18". And I could have made my own pizza dough but I bought pre-made dough from Trader Joe's for $0.99!)
Have a fabulous weekend!
Good morning Baltimore!!! (I listen to this song every morning to pump me up!)
Blowing raspberries in the car. I think he's a little bored!
Raspberry blowing contest with mom while jumping
Inner Harbor area