Tuesday, October 6, 2009

No Cal

On October 1, we jumped on an airplane to Oakland for Andy and Paige's wedding. I accidentally left our boarding passes at home so we waited in a massively long line to check our bags and get a new boarding pass. We stood there wondering why the first class passenger line had no people in it and more employees behind the counter. Does that make any sense????

With 15 minutes until our flight, we got to security and ended up in ANOTHER really long line. I asked an employee if we could jump ahead and he put us in the "family" line, which wasn't much shorter. Aly, Eli, and I went to separate lines to cut our time. I had Tanner and the diaper bag and the stroller and lets just say I probably embarassed myself with how frazzled I was. Thankfully a very nice lady working at security noticed how frantic I was and came to help.

Finally through security, I put Tan back in the stroller, stuffed jars of baby food that they took out of the diaper bag into my pockets, flung the diaper bag on my back, and RAN through the airport. I probably looked like such an irresponsible mother! I got to the elevator that would take me down to the terminal I needed and it wouldn't open. With 5 minutes until our flight, I frantically pushed the button (as if that makes it go any faster!) over and over again while yelling "COME ON!!!!!!!!!" Aly and Eli ran up right when the doors opened and we all loaded into the elevator.

One floor down, we literally burst out of the elevator running as I yelled the gate number to them. We looked to our right and there it was - E60. And there was my aunt and uncle, cousin and his wife, sitting there waiting for us. EMBARASSING!!!!! They stood up, laughing, and came over to us. My uncle Cory said, "We knew the Archers were late, but we didn't know you'd be THIS late!" At that point I vowed never to forget our boarding pass EVER AGAIN.

After getting to the gate, we found out that our plane was delayed and it didn't leave for 40 more minutes. Wish I had known that before tearing through security and the rest of the airport like a mad woman!

Tanner was pretty good on the flight. It was in the morning so he slept for most of it. The way home was another story. I ended up with a nasty scratch on my nose and a tired baby because he was so squirmy and wouldn't go to sleep even though it was late at night.


While all my siblings and Eli took pictures of the cute couple the day before the wedding, my dad and I had a quick tour of San Francisco in our rental car with my cousin, his cute wife (Cody and Michelle), and my aunt and uncle (Cheryl and Cory). We drove all around the city, took pictures at the top of Knob Hill (I think that's where we were), stopped to eat lunch at In-n-out, walked around Fisherman's Wharf, stopped to visit the sea lions at Pier 49, drove over the Golden Gate bridge, and drove home through Saucilito and the other side of the San Francisco Bay. I fell in love with San Francisco my first time there a few years ago and was excited to be back, even if it was for a few hours.Tan doing one of his favorite favorite favorite things - splashing.

My brother, Doug, and Eli were the wedding photographers and they did a great job!

Paige and Andy were such a good looking couple on their wedding day! After being there for the whole relationship (on both sides too!), it was crazy and awesome to actually see them get married. Congrats you two!!! And the Oakland temple is AMAZING! It overlooks the entire bay area. See that blue sky? It was like that all three days we were there. Are we lucky or what?!
Kristie and Aly playing around while Eli practices his photography. I love my sisters! Kristie isn't too fond of this picture, but I think it's super cute!
Hugs to you mom and daddio! You guys are the BEST!
Had to include a pic of the Tannerman sporting the wedding colors - purple and green. He actually wore a nicer outfit at the reception but those pictures will come in a later post.
My gorgeous sister-in-law Dana and her cute baby, Wesley. He's 2 weeks older than Tan. (I've probably said that a thousand times on this blog!)
And here's us!! My brothers caught up with me - Doug got married 7 months after me and Andy got married almost 3.5 years after. Kris and Al, it's your turn!
It was SO good to see my good friend and old roommate from BYU, Marci, at the reception in Walnut Creek since she recently moved to California. She and another roommate married boys from Walnut Creek who grew up with Paige. Cool, huh?!

Altogether a G-R-E-A-T trip!!! Eli will post some wedding pictures after he edits them.

1 comments:

Nat said...

I got married in the Oakland temple! It is beautiful. And yes, you guys were way lucky to have blue skies the whole time! When I got married (it was February) there was soooo much fog in the morning that we couldn't even seen the temple from the parking lot! Literally. The family and friends that came to the temple said that the fog cleared up just minutes before we came out to take pictures. It was a close call, but it all worked out!