Wednesday, April 21, 2010

In the Leafy Treetops . . .

. . . the birds sing Good Morning!! And it is a G-L-O-R-I-O-U-S sound! SPRING IS HERE!!! Winter really pulled an ugly ending by snowing off and on for weeks. But now the trees are blossoming (we sing Popcorn Popping everytime we go outside and Tanman loves it!) and there are tulips everywhere! Yesterday it was almost 80 outside so we spent a few hours playing and flying kites with friends. Tan and I both got sun-kissed cheeks! Welcome back sun!!! We have missed you!

When we go outside, we spend time climbing other people's steps,

walking anywhere and everywhere,
smelling and (touching sometimes) newly blossomed flowers,

and kicking/throwing the ball.

With spring's appearance, I have fallen in love with the Avenues in Salt Lake. The trees are huge, every yard has tulips, the grass is turning green, the air smells wonderful, people are dining al fresco on porches and at cafe's, kids are playing outside, people are biking and jogging, and the feeling is a-buzz with new life and excitement! It is FABULOUS!!! We'll miss this area when we leave so we are trying to enjoy it now!!

One thing I realized yesterday is that I can't wear my BYU shirt outside! We live in the heart of Ute territory which is apparent by all the flags and Utah paraphenilia on all the houses and apartments. Oh and I finally jogged into the cemetery 2 blocks from our apartment where two of my grandparents are buried. I haven't visited their graves since we first moved in 4 months ago. I wandered around (it is a HUGE cemetery) and couldn't remember where they were! It made me so sad to think that I didn't know where my own grandparents were buried. But then I realized that it's ok because they continue to live in heaven and so I don't need to dwell on their bodies laying in their graves. Thank goodness for the plan of salvation!

Anyways, happy happy spring to you all!

P.S. Isn't this picture hilarious?! Tan is trying to hug his cousin, Wesley, last week in Colorado. Wes didn't like it AT ALL as evidenced by his facial expression and squeal of displeasure. But Tan continues to hug until someone pulls him away! Ha ha ha! They are so funny together. Tan is aggressive and Wesley is timid so Wes got lots of toys taken away from him. I guess it's time to start learning about sharing! Tan adores "Weth" (he has a lisp when he says "s") and will be so excited to spend a week in Lake Powell with him next month.


P.S.S. I know I need to cut Tanner's hair (he is growing some girly looking locks - check out the pic!), but he HATES, I repeat, HATES when we touch his hair. What do we do????

P.S.S.S. Ok this is the last thing - Eli sold our old camera and lens and, after a couple months with just my 5 year old digital camera, finally got his new camera and lens! I'm excited for good pictures again! The pictures above are the first ones from the new camera (except for the Tan hugging Wes picture). YAY! It came just in time for Eli's graduation tomorrow. Way to go Master Eli!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Cute pictures! Timothy doesn't like us cutting his hair either. We decided it was worth it to spend 10 bucks and go to Super Cuts. One of the ladies there is really great with kids and he doesn't mind when she cuts his hair. If you find someone good it is well worth the money, I think. We also give him fruit snacks or a book to look at while he is getting his hair cut and that helps a lot. Tanner is getting so big!