Sunday, December 14, 2008

Letter to the womb

Dear Baby M,

You are being a little stinker! It is now 2 days past your due date and you're still nice and cozy inside of me. You must be very squished in there or you are a small baby. What can I do to coax you out? I have a really soft teddy bear named Bruce - Aunt Aly named him - that you can cuddle with. There's a pretty Christmas tree we can snuggle next to. You can take your pick of blankets - you have 18 and they are all darling. Your daddy is anxious and excited to finally meet you and sing to you. Your Grandma Carol is here waiting to meet you from Colorado. Your Grandpa Lenny drove up from Arizona just for your debut. You can have all the Christmas treats you want (via your mommy). You can wear the cute reindeer outfit Grandma bought for you and all the other cute clothes people have given you. The world is ready for you! I promise to shower you with hugs, kisses, and yummy milk! What do you say? I love you!

Hoping to see you soon (VERY soon),

Your mommy

4 comments:

Celeste said...

So cute..what baby wouldn't want to come to all that love. I feel for ya- it will be soon!

The Nielsons said...

WOW. Tell that little baby to come out already! I've been checking every day and still no baby? What is this? Haha, hope everything goes well with the labor/delivery and that you have your little one soon!!

Taylor Family said...

I hope he comes soon!!! If only your baby knew how excited you guys are for him to come out he would for sure! I asked your dad at church yesterday if there had been any action over the weekend and he said no, I was bummed. Hang in there!

Cali said...

I am really hoping that no news means good news! Good luck, or Congrats! Enjoy your last few moments alone, and enjoy the precious little boy when he gets here. They grow too fast! I can;t believe how much they change month to month. Really, enjoy it! It is wonderful!