Monday, October 13, 2008

False labor and Apostle

Today I had my first observation by my principal. It went well! Our discussion about it went 5 minutes over recess and my students were waiting outside for me that whole time. As I go running through the faculty room and into the hallway to pick them up, I see my students scattered around a few hallways. I asked what they are doing and their response: "We thought you went into labor!!!" They were looking all over for me and even notified the teacher next door that they thought I went into labor. I had to apologize for scaring them. Thank goodness I didn't go into labor! I still have 60 more days to go (holy cow)!

They probably think I should go into labor since they see this everyday! (That black thing around my neck is a microphone for my classroom sound system.)

Speaking of my students, a few of my girls are throwing me a baby shower. How cute is that?! They got their parents involved and passed out invitations today. The idea was actually brought up by a boy in my class but then dropped for a while since we all thought it was hilarious that a boy thought of doing a baby shower. Now all the boys are anti-shower. But they want their moms to come. The girls are doing the food and all the games. It'll be so fun! I remember throwing a baby shower for my PE teacher in 5th grade. I thought it was the coolest thing!

And my last awesome moment of the day . . . I met President Uchtdorf! (He is a leader in our church.) And of all places, we were at the same barn in Santaquin, UT (a small farming town 25 miles south of Provo) buying apples and picking pumpkins. I guess he heads down there a few times during the fall to buy boxes of produce. He created quite a stir in the apple barn amongst all my staff members (we were at a staff party). He has a very regal appearance in person and was just so nice!

6 comments:

Shana Kummer said...

Sara,
That story about your students is so cute. You are looking great for only having 60 days left.

Celeste said...

That is so cool that you Saw pres. Uchtdorf...all of the older women in the ward have crushes on him! I bet your awesome teacher. I hope Xander gets a teacher like you someday.

Jennie said...

That's so awesome about President Uchtdorf! I love him so much!

Jessica said...

What a neat experience! Only two months to go! Are you registered anywhere? I can't wait to see your little guy!

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see you & your belly in person. you look darling!

Seth Jenson said...

I was lucky enough to translate for him on the mission one Sunday, and I met his wife too. They are awesome!