Monday, February 18, 2008

Celebrations

I'm posting for my birthday a bit late, but hey, better late than never! It was a week of celebration. My wonderful parents took us to the Olive Garden, one of my all-time favorite restaurants. Delicioso! Afterwards we made a quick stop at the Sunflower Market where I discovered a machine that makes peanut butter made just from peanuts with nothing else added. I'm sad to say that it was gross, and it looked like cat poop. I can't believe that I just said that about my beloved peanut butter, my daily food love affair! I'll stick with Skippy and Jif.

(I'm proud of my beginner photography skills with this pic!)

On Wednesday, my actual birthday, I went to the temple with my momma and had cinnamon rolls afterwards in the cafeteria. That night, Eli and I made our way through the snowstorm to the Melting Pot. The restaurant was a first for me and was Eli's very first experience with normal fondue, not just chocolate. (Of course he's had chocolate fondue - what better way to feed my chocolate obsession than eating straight melted chocolate?!) We had a blast together talking, taking pictures, and laughing about how many employees came to talk to us during our dinner!
Eli is "steaming" his face with the potato

Later on during the week we ate a yummy Dairy Queen ice cream cake - my favorite cake ever - and opened presents. My mom spoiled me with many new clothes and Eli gave me the Thoroughly Modern Millie piano/vocal book. Yesssss! My favorite present was a real love letter written by my lovey. Eli does things like this for me often, which is why I'm not huge into Valentine's Day. We love each other and express it all the time so Valentine's Day isn't much different. I have a definite keeper!!
On Saturday, Eli took me on a surprise birthday date (this is becoming a tradition for my birthday as Eli took me to a bed and breakfast in Manti last year as a surprise). We went to the Denver Art District and looked at photography and art pieces. I didn't even know an art district existed! We ate at another favorite restaurant - Chipotle. Oh how I adore veggie fajita burritos. Next up was a play at the University of Denver called The Talking Bird. I absolutely love musicals, but this didn't make my top 20. It was pretty boring, I'm sorry to say. But it's the thought that counts! At home, Eli played a song for me on the computer and then I practiced it on the guitar. I really need to brush up on my guitar skills! I love the song - Such Great Heights (acoustic version) by the Postal Service. (We didn't take the camera on this date - I know, shocker.)

Oh, and Aly had a friend bring me this cute balloon, which is still floating happily in my room almost 3 weeks later! I love all things Disney.
After all those celebrations, I really do feel like I'm 23 now! Thanks Eli, mom and dad, and my family for a fun birthday!

3 comments:

The Evers said...

Happy late birthday!!! What a fun week you had! Isnt the Melting Pot wonderful! I am glad you got spoiled!

The Watson Family said...

How fun! I am so glad that you had such a great week! We love ya and miss ya!

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a wonderful birthday week! i'm sad to hear about the peanut butter though... maybe organic isn't the way to go?! hope you are well.