Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Love at Home

Back in May, Eli and I teamed up with Aly to sing the song "Love at Home" during our ward Mother's Day sacrament meeting. We made it even more of a family affair by having Eli's amazing pianist cousin, Nichole, accompany us. And since our blog is called the Musical Moreys, it's about time that we post a video of us singing! We have sung together in every single ward we've ever lived in, but we've never actually recorded us singing. I LOVE this song! It has beautiful harmonies and a gorgeous piano accompaniment. Also, it was so fun to sing with Aly! The three of us spent a lot of time together in the past couple years so it was nice to put our voices together before Eli and I were separated from Aly by many many miles. (Tear!)

This recording was taken BEFORE sacrament meeting so we weren't being irreverent or anything! Here are a few disclaimers before you watch:

1. I am like majorly distracted during the last 2/3 of the song. People kept coming in because sacrament meeting was going to start. But we wanted to get the whole song recorded so that we could show our moms for mothers day. So I am super distracted and not very presentable, but things were much better during the actual performance!
2. You can hear lots of background noise because people were coming into the chapel. Someday we'll get a good recording!


4 comments:

Jessica said...

You all sound great! Good job!

Aly said...

I love how distracted we are the whole time looking for tan and watching everyone come in haha! ohh I miss you guys! thanks for letting me sing with you musical moreys, I love loved it

Paige Archer said...

THAT WAS GREAT!!!!! you guys all sound great and look fabulous!!!! what a beautiful song and tribute to our mothers for mother's day!!!! sure do miss you guys!!! -paigey :)

Seth Jenson said...

Beautiful voices! I miss singing with Eli. Move back to CO when you're dong with school!