Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Holidays bring fun things!

Almost two years ago, Santa brought us this little bundle of joy ---

(Doncha just love Tan's face in this pic?! Oh, the expressions of newborns are so entertaining!)

Next year, a little green leprechaun is going to bring us another cute n' cuddly little person!

See:

YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!! We are super duper excited to keep growing our little family!!!

It's been pretty hard hiding this tummy! I can't believe I'm already the size I was with Tan at 5 months and I'm only 3 months along. Sheesh - people were right when they said you pop out much faster after the first pregnancy! If I keep growing at this rate, I'm going to tip over at 7 months!!

Favorite moments from this pregnancy so far (good and bad!):
  • Finding out that we were pregnant the morning after a super fun day at Disneyland!
  • My clothes getting tighter RIGHT AWAY. I'm gonna be needing those stretchy band pants much sooner than I thought!
  • Tanner saying "Hi Baby!" and kissing my belly all the time. And Tanner pointing to his own belly and saying that there is a baby in there. Ha ha ha!
  • Living in the bathroom and throwing up all day and night. You really notice when the toilet needs to be cleaned when you spend so much time with it!
  • My hero, Eli, taking over housework and taking care of Tanner while I was a good-for-nothing blob in the house.
  • Discovering that Unisom and B6 work miracles! I'm not kidding! Seriously, I took them both for the first time on a Saturday night and was able to sing a solo in church the next day (I was asked DURING relief society to sing a solo in Sacrament meeting a hour later! Yikes!) I was really weak and shaky after not being able to eat anything for days, but at least I was able to do a lot more than lay on the ground in misery! YAY for drugs!!! Now I take 2 Unisoms (sleeping pills) and 2 B6 vitamins a day - one set in the morning, one at night - and I pretty much feel normal. I still have nausea and weakness but I can function and that makes me happy! I just wish I could exercise. Every time I try, my body remembers that it is in a constant state of sickness and isn't happy with me.
  • Having lots of people offer me their prescription meds for nausea. I loved the thought but just couldn't bring myself to use their drugs illegally since I am married to a future doctor!
  • Packing and moving while being sick - quite the adventure but Eli's sister, Ari, totally helped A LOT!! Oh and being able to fly across the country instead of drive was a total blessing.
  • Crazy food aversions and cravings - I didn't get much of that (or nausea) with Tanner.
  • Daily naps during Tan's naptime (Due to the whole sleeping pill twice a day thing!). Oh and CRAZY CRAZY dreams from taking extra B6. And I can consciously make decisions in my dreams which is super cool!
  • Seeing the baby on the monitor with it's cute little, few centimeters long, profile. SO cute!
Bring on Baby #2!!!!!! Debuting sometime around March 8!!

12 comments:

Brooke said...

Sara I'm so excited for your little family! So so cute!

Celeste said...

Yeah for #2!!! It is a bummer how fast we grow with these second pregnancies but you still look so cute. Can't wait to find out what you're having. And sorry, you've been so sick. Glad you've found some meds that help.

Nat said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! I had a really bad aversion to meat with my little one. Thank goodness it wore off in the 2nd trimester... Hopefully you get over the nausea and aversions soon!

MaryAnne said...

Sara - I'm so excited for you!!! I am due on March 7, so these babies (theoretically) will be really close! How fun!

Jessica said...

Tanner will love having a little brother or sister to play with! Timothy is the same way thinking everyone has a baby in their tummy. He asks about the new baby every day. 3 more months to go! We can't wait. Congrats to you and your family!

Jeff and Whitney said...

Yay! That's so exciting Sara!

Kerry said...

Congrats!!! That is so exciting:) I hope the sickness goes away soon:)

Katie May said...

Congrats! How fun for you all!!!
Love, The Hess family

Shelly said...

Yea! Congratulations!

Kaydee and the boys said...

Sara, you look beautiful!!! ... feeling any better? We miss you people around here.

Judy said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! Aren't babies the best?

Dave and Stephanie said...

i read this post on my reader right when you posted it, but i am finally getting to your actual blog to say congrats!! hopefully you're feeling better. i can't imagine how hard it is to be so sick with an active toddler around.