Monday, March 1, 2010

Under the Knife

This little crazy guy:
Is going here on Friday morning:


For his hypospadias surgery:

I'm so glad it's an outpatient surgery so that I can take care of my little munchkin at home afterwards. I'm looking forward to getting this over with because we have known since the day he was born that he would need this surgery. I'm not looking forward to seeing him get put to sleep with the anesthesia and wake up afterwards wondering what happened to him. Poor little guy! He just won't understand what is going on and that will be hard for all of us.

When we get home, Tan gets to eat all of his favorite things (including chocolate!) and watch lots of Baby Einstein and Mormon Tabernacle Choir (his favorite for some reason) and do lots of cuddling with Eli and I on the couch. We'll keep you posted on how the surgery and recovery goes!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Aww poor Tanner. :0(
I'll be sending my thoughts and prayers your way on Friday. Better to get it over with when he's little and won't remember, right?

Celeste said...

Wow- talk about being right there with you! Xander is meeting with his surgeon on Wed for something simliar. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001599.htm So sad, but we'll be SO glad to get it over with. I'll be anxious to hear how it all goes for you and Tanner.

Stacey said...

We'll remember Tanner in our prayers. He's lucky to have such a darling Mother to take such good card of him. And... (I should add), a great dad, too!

jenny barton said...

poor little man, it's no fun to have a visit to the hospital, planned or unplanned. we'll hope that it goes smoothly. and hope to see you soon!

Katie May said...

Poor guy! I hope it goes well for you all and that he gets plenty spoiled. Good luck!