Monday, September 21, 2009

Wheeler Farm and a dream fulfilled

Growing up, my mom took my siblings and I to Wheeler Farm all the time. I couldn't remember much about it except for the trees (which have been called "Wheeler Farm trees" ever since, no matter where I see that type of tree), and the hen house that we played in. After our time in Salt Lake, Tan and I headed to Wheeler Farm. He has a thing for animals, especially ducks and dogs, so I knew he'd love it. And oh how he loved it!

Wheeler Farm Trees

Roosters and Hens

He wasn't too excited about the cock-a-doodle-dooing

The famous hen playhouse

He loved being this close to the cow. He laughed everytime the tail swished!

Holy HUGE pig!!

Since we had such a great time, we returned that weekend while my parents and Kristie were in town for a cousin's wedding.
After feeding the ducks and geese. Some of them are pretty crazy!

Petting the bunny rabbit

Reverting to our childhood and peeking through the window!

Ok ok, Wheeler Farm is great, but the REAL reason we all went together was because my sister, Aly, has had a lifelong dream of milking a cow. Dream big Al, dream big. When I was there with just Tan, I found out that you can milk a cow for only $0.50 everyday at 5:00pm! So we took an excited Aly to Wheeler Farm to fulfill her dream. That is the cheapest fulfillment of a dream! What did you think Al?? Was it everything you ever hoped for?!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like he had a ball at the farm. What a cutie!