Thursday, February 19, 2009

Chunkeriffic

I haven't had any time to blog since going back to work full-time this week, but I just had to share some info about our little Tannerman. He had his 2 month check-up today and he is about 15 pounds. That puts him in the 99th percentile for weight! I have finally come to terms with the fact that Eli and I have a chunk on our hands. The doctor said it's time to put him on a diet! Ok ok ok, not a real diet, but just try to cut back on the amount of breastmilk he eats. Easier said then done when he screams because he's hungry. Today was easy because he was so upset after his shots that he didn't want to eat all day.

Today I saw him during lunch and after school and all he did was hold on (literally) to my clothes and lay on my chest. Everytime I tried to move him away because I had to go back to class or something, he screamed. It breaks my heart to be gone from him all day - I don't know how other moms do it. It is HARD. Part-time working would be much better, but that wasn't an option, so here I am - a full-time working mom with a newborn, breastfeeding baby. Have I had any time to plan lessons before 8 or after 4 when school is over? Nope. What type of school day does that make for me? A hectic one, especially as a first year teacher and using all my spare time in the day to pump. The light at the end of the tunnel is that there is only 3 more months left in the school year! YAY! And then Tanner and I will be together all day - hooray hooray HOORAY!!!!! We are just going to play play play this summer when we live in Baltimore. (Did you know that we're going to Baltimore? Yep, we are! Just for the summer though. Eli has an internship at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Then we'll be back to Payson for the 2nd half of his masters program.)

Another blessing is that Eli is able to watch Tanner at home 3 days a week, which means that he only has to go to daycare twice a week. And his daycare is an in-home daycare with only a couple of other kids. So Tan gets lots of attention. For now, I'm trying to count my blessing (aka we still have an income and insurance) and spend all the time I can cuddling and playing with Tanner (even at night when I can't bear to be away from him - I had better get over that fast so that he doesn't get used to sleeping with Eli and I.)

Well, I'm going to make my husband some dinner (yep, it's 10:20pm and we're just now eating dinner), write some lesson plans for tomorrow, and help Eli get ready for his trip to D.C. for the next 5 days (tear). Have a happy weekend!

What's a post without a picture of the chunk??!!

9 comments:

Linds said...

oh my heck! those legs! he's SOOO cute and chubby! I can't believe he's in the 99th percentile! Joseph is only in the 3rd... we've got two opposite ends of the spectrum here... :) oh that would be so hard to have to go back to work full time! I don't know how you're doing it! So after the summer are you going to be teaching again?

Celeste said...

Wow- what a cutie! I think he looks older for his age but not chunky! I bet you are so busy and it would be so hard to be apart. At least you're still able to feed him breastmilk which is super good for him. Yeah for Baltimore this summer!

Josie said...

aww. Cute chunk.

Dave is like 2nd percentile. He was 15 lbs at about 10 months!

Maegan said...

Hey Sara, I know how hard it is working full time while nursing a newborn, but it can be done. Hang in there, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. You are doing awesome!

The Carlson Crew said...

You are super-mom already! What a cute boy...it's so fun to know he's thriving! McKay was a chucker, too, and he's just now thinning out a bit, but still has to hold his belly up for me to button his pants. You're doing so great!

Anonymous said...

Tanner is HUGE! And I LOVE it! you are an amazing example of multitasking, i am in awe of all you are able to do. you are awesome!

a big congratulations to eli, johns hopkins is an amazing hospital, and what a great opportunity for your family. i miss maryland so much, you will have so much fun there. you will have to explore all the history--you will never be bored. best of luck with school, i am thinking of you guys.

Courtney said...

I got on your blog from Danielle's. We were in the program together at BYU. I had a little girl on Dec. 29th and I am also now back to teaching full time. I can totally related to EVERYTHING! I have definately learned to prioritiz and "wing-it" has become my lesson planning! I am out of here at
3:30 on the dot! Yes, my days are hectic, but oh well. It was good to hear another mom going through the same thing. Your little (big) guy is adorable!

Kaydee and the boys said...

You are incredible! - How, how how how do you manage being away from your little Tanner during the day?? I know that would be hard. I know of all people you're strong enough.

The Griffins said...

what a beautiful family! Tucker was in the high percentiles and still is-at least my arms are buff! :)