Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tanner preview

Baby Tanner is such a delight and we are just loving every minute with him! He is growing FAST! A couple weeks ago he gained 10 ounces in 4 days. Holy cow! Now he's almost 10 pounds he he's only about 4 weeks old. And he is in the 95th percentile for his height. Where in the world did that gene come from?!

While he is getting bigger, he also has had a cold for the past week which means a lot of sucking boogers out of his nose and a fussier baby than usual. Eli was sick, then Tanner got sick, now I am having inklings of a cold. And we have had visitors for the past few weeks as well, which has been fun, but it's nice to be just the three of us again. Until things get a little back to normal, I don't have time to post many pictures. I promise to post lots more pictures and videos highlighting his FIRST MONTH (how is he already one month??!!) soon. Here are a few until then. Happy January!

First bath - he found comfort in sucking on daddy's finger!
He is starting to coo and is SO cute when he "speaks."
What a delicious face - I just want to eat his cheeks
Preview from his newborn photoshoot

9 comments:

The Evers said...

Oh I love him! He is so so cute! I love all of the firsts of everything. It is so much fun I am glad you are able to enjoy him too! What a cute little guy! hey who knows maybe he will be a baller with his height...

Celeste said...

He is really a perfectly cute baby...and let's be honest, not all babies look cute as newborns. But this little one does and I can't believe he's already almost one month old! Enjoy being a little family now.

Kristie said...

I hope you got more than one picture from his photo shoot. He is a cute little chunk.

Paul said...

Tanner is one of the two cutest babies I have ever seen.

Cali said...

Beautiful! that is all I can say. He is beautiful!

Linds said...

what an awesome picture with your rings on his toes! I love that! I can't believe he is already ten pounds! Joseph has just barely got back his birth weight at 7 and a half! Oh, and does Tanner like his baths? Because Joseph hates his so much we haven't attempted a picture yet. He screams the whole time and we can't wait to get him out and snuggle him in a warm towel!

Maegan said...

Oh Sara, he is adorable! What a cutie! He is a very good mix of you and Eli.

Kaydee and the boys said...

You two are great parents, he has your smile Sarah!! What a cute long one. :)

Christie said...

How exciting! I couldn't believe the birth story - wow! 21 hours and then a c-section?! You are one brave woman! I'm so happy for you and your family, it looks like you are doing so well :)