Saturday, January 7, 2012

Cabin Fever

Ever seen Muppets Treasure Island? My favorite part is when everyone on the ship breaks out into song and dance to "Cabin Fever." Well, last Sunday I slipped a disk in my back (ouch!) and have been homeridden (and couch/bed ridden) for the week. I couldn't pick up the kids unless it was absolutely necessary, I couldn't bend over, I couldn't really do anything without my back screaming at me. (Eli saved me during the worst day and took care of the kids instead of getting in much needed study time. Thanks lovey! And thanks to my awesome friend, Erin, for coming to my rescue when I was in so much pain I couldn't even stand it and taking the kids to her house for a while. That saved me!!!!!) I'm feeling a lot better today, though it's not completely healed yet. But after a week of being isolated inside our house and not able to do much, we (I guess just Tan and I), have pretty bad Cabin Fever!!!! The Muppets hit it spot on when they sang:

I got cabin fever it's burning in my brain
I've got cabin fever it's driving me insane
We got cabin fever, we're flipping our bandanas
Been stuck at sea so long we have simply gone bananas

This song popped into my head after this happened:

I had just put Kenz down for her morning nap and turned on a movie for Tan. I laid down on the couch to watch it with him and fell asleep. I woke up to Tanner sitting on the kitchen counter (which he knows is off limits!) with his hand in the sugar cannister. He didn't go for the candy that was in plain sight - nope, he went for straight up sugar. I walked over to get him off the counter (who knows how many dips of the hand he made into the sugar?!) and noticed something wet all over the counter. Looking at his underwear was evidence enough that this 3 year old little stinker had peed ALL OVER THE KITCHEN COUNTER. N.A.S.T.Y!!!!!!! And he didn't even care! He just kept dipping away! He is potty trained so I have no idea why he would have done that. It's the cabin fever!!! "Been stuck at sea (or at home!) so long we have simply gone bananas" Don't worry, I cleaned it up VERY well and Tan and I had a little chat about big boy behavior vs. baby behavior. During his time out for it, he ripped up a book, which is something that he has never done before. Needless to say, we got out of the house today and went to an open gym so that he could just play, play, play! And now we are all a little happier (and saner!).

And for your enjoyment, here's "CABIN FEVER!!!!"


I just couldn't make a post and leave Makenzie out, because she is so stinkin' cute these days! Well, when hasn't she been incredibly cute?! Biased, maybe?! She just turned 10 months old and is waving and saying "hi." It's so so darling! And it was her first word!

1 comments:

Kaydee and the boys said...

Look! - it's a mini SARA!!! I just want to squeeze her!! And it sounds to me like you people DO need to get out more. That's hilarious... did he have a sugar crash??

High larious.