Monday, February 8, 2010

Temporary Home

You know what I love? When popular singers sing about heaven. "I Can Only Imagine" has always been one of my favorite songs. Well, Carrie Underwood (one of my faves) released a new song recently called "Temporary Home" and it is beautiful. The music video made me cry and really reminded me that our life here on earth really is just our temporary home. I've been thinking a lot recently about what our purpose here on earth is and that has helped me remember the eternal perspective through daily living. I'm so grateful that I have a Father in Heaven who loves and knows me! That brings so much peace to my heart.

Here are the lyrics to the last verse:

Old man, hospital bed
The room is filled with people he loves
And he whispers don't cry for me
I'll see you all someday
He looks up and says "I can see God's face."

"This is my temporary Home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through
This was just a stop,on the way To where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know this was
My temporary home."

Awesome, awesome song! Here is a link to the music video and you should totally watch it: http://www.cmt.com/videos/carrie-underwood/478351/temporary-home.jhtml

(I found this picture online and just loved that muddy path heading towards the majesty of heaven.)

4 comments:

Shana Kummer said...

Sara,
Thanks for sharing that was a beautiful song and a great video and really puts into perspective how short the time here on Earth is as it only prepares us for our more permanent home.

Jessica said...

Wow, I liked that. I agree. We are only here temporarily until we continue on with our spiritual progression. I'm reading this great book "Into the Light" by Dr. John Lerma. He's a palliative care doctor who works with patients just before they pass on. He has recorded spiritual experiences they've had and amazing things they've seen. It's answered a lot of questions for me. I recommend it. :)

Kaydee and the boys said...

I love that song as well. I'm so excited to see you on Friday!!

Hiya said...

What a great picture, very symbolic!